Search This Blog

Sunday, January 5, 2014

pity parties

So, here it is the day I've been fantasizing about for some time.  A big snow day.  A day to be snowed in and get lots of things accomplished, scrapbooking, cleaning house, organizing closets - yep... Bring it!  I'm ready!

Turns out that snow days are anti climatic!  In my fantasy my husband and kids were in the general vicinity not miles away (Dallas).  I had lots of pictures to scrap and even more motivation to do aforementioned list!

My guys left for a convention in Dallas on New Year's day - I knew their return trip might be hampered with the forecast and alas it was.  Flight cancelled - they are stuck in Dallas (the fact that Dallas is somewhat warm and not covered in marshmallow cream - twists the knife in my heart a little deeper). 

I've enjoyed my time with Hannah but turns out I was just a stopping off point for her until her BFF down the street returned from vacay! She couldn't get to her fast enough once she knew she was home. And now that school is cancelled tomorrow....she is spending the night. 

Soooo here I sit inside of this little snow globe watching the snow come down one inch per hour and there isn't relief in sight for awhile - in fact we now have a blizzard warning on top of this! ugh!

"Hey, I'll scrapbook" - proclaimed a joyous me! I got all my stuff out and realized I've never developed any of the million pictures I've taken.  So, downloading and ordering those took up some of my time. 

At last I can watch Bonnie and Clyde that I recorded....didn't know it was a two part series - so I still have no idea what happened to them.. he he

So, I dished out another bowl of spaghetti and meatballs and had myself a little pity party. Trouble is - my pity party kept getting interrupted...

...my sister called to check on me - we had a lovely visit and I got to hear my great nephew coo and giggle in the background.
...even though I declined because I didn't want to brave the weather I was invited by neighbors to come watch a movie
...my neighbor to the east texted to see how I was doing
...my good friend Darla called and we talked a bit.
...oh and by the way...did I mention that earlier in the day I had a surprise visit from two friends who jokingly showed up to eat some of the cookies I complained about being stuck with on facebook!  And one of them even shoveled some of my walk.
...my thoughts also went to this morning when Hannah and I did a devotional together and had some great conversation!
..oh yes and I did find enough motivation to organize the bathroom closet, resulting in the recovery of clippers I forgot I had...resulting in a dog grooming session with the only breathing creature in my grasp!!

Eventhough I just learned that hub's and son's second flight is now cancelled for tomorrow and they won't come in until Tuesday - I'm feeling a little less pitiful thanks to all the little blessings God has sent my way today!  I had to pry my eyelids up a bit to recognize them but when I did I realized that I have no reason to have a pity party - I have been blessed greatly today!

And...so, albeit late, my New Year's resolution this year is to keep a gratitude journal - keeping track of all those blessings along the way for which I am so thankful.

Turns out "He" does supply all my needs according to His glorious riches!  I'm pretty Rich indeed! (as well as cold, snowed in and overstuffed...but that's beside the point)

Don't let cabin fever get the best of you - stay safe and warm and if you run out of things to do - try counting your blessings (name them one by one)!



No comments:

Post a Comment