Search This Blog

Friday, January 6, 2012

From Grateful to Grumpy

I woke up this morning feeling really grateful
                                                                             for the fact that my back is healing and I'm feeling so much better.  I went on to be so thankful for the sunshine and the 53 degree temp on a January day in Indiana!  This is actually a miracle....this never happens!!!  I should be elated really!

Then I remembered that my sister in law begins chemo today...and then I remembered my good friend has an MRI today to see if her cancer has spread to other areas of her body...and then I remembered some friends who are suffering broken marriages...and then I remembered a family member who is struggling with reality of life after rehabbing for drug addiction.  And...then...well...I guess I just got ......
                                                      ....grumpy!

At first it was kind of a humbling feeling and then I just got down right grumpy that all these people that I love are struggling in so many ways.

My good friend who just received healing after a 8 month long illness recently reminded me of this verse:

Psalm 103

Of David.
 1 Praise the LORD, my soul;
   all my inmost being, praise his holy name.
2 Praise the LORD, my soul,
   and forget not all his benefits—
3 who forgives all your sins
   and heals all your diseases,
4 who redeems your life from the pit
   and crowns you with love and compassion,
5 who satisfies your desires with good things
   so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.

Wow, and I thought Joel's job had some good benefits!  Check out these "God Benefits"

Forgives our sins...
     heals our diseases...
          redeems us from the pit...
               crowns us with love and compassion    
                    satisfies our desires with good things! 
 Wow, how can one be grumpy with such amazing promises from a true Promise Keeper?

I claim this verse for all of my friends who are suffering right now.  My suffering is soooo minor compared to the big things many others are going through.  This has been a real downer of a week for me in many ways.  I've experienced a wide range of emotions (or should I call them character flaws), jealousy, rage, sadness, injustice, humility, happiness (and most of these were just one day...see I told you "I'm approaching my vintage years!!!! This is real proof).  But all of these emotions/feelings/hormonely inspired moments of temporary insanity, pale in comparison to what my friends with "big stuff" must be feeling.  I pray that they all (and me also) can remember...
                                                     .... His Benefits!

Before I get my grumpy on again ...I'm going to try to remember Psalm 103 and hope to remain in the grateful from the true Promise Keeper!


No comments:

Post a Comment