Search This Blog

Monday, January 9, 2012

Celebrating Sanctity of Human life!

With January being Sanctity of Human Life Month it only seems fitting that I celebrate two of the most important women in my life.  

My mom?  - Nope

     My grandmother? - Nope

           My sister? - NOPE

All of these women are very important to me and I celebrate them as well....but the two women that I celebrate today gave our family two of the most unselfish, humble and loving gifts ever!

For their protection, I won't use their  names....

Of course, I would think of this today...my sister reminded me of this in an email this morning.  She reminded me of that day 31 years ago (January 9, 1981) that I went with her to the hospital to pick up one of these wonderful treasures.  A bouncing baby boy delivered to my sister's heart and arms straight from the glorious woman who gave birth to him.  I'll never forget that day.  I was 15 and my eyes were wide opened.  I got the priviledge of going with her since my brother-in-law was out of town with work.  I had already decided I would be this little guys A #1 babysitter!  And I was.  This was in the days before mandatory car seats and I held this little bundle all the way home from the hospital! He has held my heart ever since.   He was precious.  I was amazed that his birth mother loved him so much that she could see beyond her circumstances, reach way down into her soul and conjure up the courage to make the most loving and unselfish decision for her son!  She could've chosen the easy way out and just aborted him and not had to deal with pregnancy, birth, handing him over...none of the hard stuff!  She didn't take the easy way out...

          SHE CHOSE LIFE!!!! 

On that day, I was sure I had met the most courageous, unselfish woman on all the earth!  That was until 91/2 years ago when a woman of equal character handed my husband and I a precious little (pink) bundle as well!  Was it easy?  Absolutely not!  I'm guessing, probably the hardest thing either of these women ever did!  But, on the other hand, also, one of the best....

choosing life....
     loving a child enough to provide the best you can for him/her
          making the unselfish decision to do what's best for their child


  For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. ... For You formed my inward parts; You wove me in my mother's womb. ..... Psalm 119:73

Today I am thankful for these two children who were created by the father and who were granted life by the mothers who carried them in their wombs. 

Celebrate Life!


Had to include this pic sent to me today.  This is my nephew's son with his recent catch.  He is the spittin' image of his dad...the circle of life continues!!!  Good Job Dylly!

           

No comments:

Post a Comment