Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Something to count on!

Oh Vacation - How I love thee!
Where for art thou Vacation?
Where didst thy jacuzzi tub go?
From whence didst thouest goest o lovely sunshine?

I like to refer to the above piece as "Ode to Vacation"!  Pretty good, eh?  Well not really, but having taken a long awaited vacation over the last week my mind is pretty much mush and my poetry is lacking...yeah that's it...let's blame my poetic patheticness on vacation!

Instead of boring you with all the details I will just give you the highlights!

Highlight #1 - First day of trip Hubs got food poisoning and spent the better part of two days worshiping the porcelain god (or in this case a pink dishpan).  Sorry I don't have a slideshow of this for you!

Highlight #2 - Seeing the Nickster!  We got to see our son Nic in his element - serving as Student  manager/student assistant to the baseball team at Grand Canyon University.  We also got the honor of seeing the "outside" of his dorm only (inside is condemned I think :), meeting his roommates and other new friends.






Highlight #3 - Friends - We saw lots of friends and usually ate really good food with them.  Well, I did anyway - Joel spent the rest of the week turning his nose up at anything edible that went in front of him.  But Never Fear - I went ahead and ate that for him!

We saw many friends but only the Ropps are getting blog billing - for many reasons - but mainly because they're the cutest!


 Highlight #4 -Eventhough we decided to travel north to Sedona and the Grand Canyon with a weak husband, a sick son, sat still in a two hour traffic jam, took a wrong turn taking us another hour out of the way, and battling a short snow storm on the way back down - I'd say that our trip to see the grandeur and majesty of the Sedona Red Rock Mountains and the Grand Canyon was a big highlight for all of us. (it should actually be #1 but I have to give the puking husband props!) If you are able to look at these Marvels without your mouth hanging open and saying things like - Wow, Amazing, or using beautiful and awesome in every other sentence then you must be either blind or from another planet!  If you have never seen these beauties allow me to enlighten you....sit back and enjoy these pics and see how many times you use any of the words listed above!!


Beautiful, Awesome Exquisite!  - Hey, and the mountains are beautiful too!! ha ha 

Okay, now for the real stuff...










 Sedona Mountains - Seriously one of the most beautiful places in the world!




The Grand Canyon - Seriously one of the most amazing sights in the world

 I was looking over the pictures today and dreaming and wishing I was still there since it's all of 38 degrees here today and gray!  As I was dreaming, I thought about how amazingly beautiful these Sedona Mountains are and how they rise up into the sky and everyone there, people from all nations and walks of life, were drawn to them and their majesty.  It reminded me of this verse in Isaiah 2:2

In the last days the mountian of the Lord's temple will be established as chief among the mountains, it will be raised above the hills, and all nations will stream to it!


In my shallow mind, my sheltered world, these Red Vortexes in the sky are the most beautiful thing I can imagine - but, Oh, what a day that will be when the mountain of the Lord's temple will be established and Believers from every nation will meet there!  I can't even fathom what that will be like!

Since we are broke now and another vacation isn't on the horizon anytime soon, perhaps I shall just look forward to the rising up of the mountain of the Lord's temple - for this - I can count on! 











2 comments:

  1. I'm glad we are not the only family with National Lampoon vacation moments! We thought similar thoughts went being in Colorado Springs this summer. Pretty smart of you to have kids go to college where there are great vacation sights! Score one, mom! But then, you are married to Sparky, so there will always be good memories, and lots of blog material! Thanks for the smiles, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the future, the absolute best remedy for food poisoning: activated charcoal. Swallow six capsules and it pulls all that bad stuff right out of you (many emergency rooms use it - at least in other areas of the country). I used it when an anesthesiologist decided I didn't know what I was talking about and did whatever he wanted while I was in surgery. I was SO VERY sick. Within an hour of taking those capsules, I felt so much better. It's completely harmless, passes through without causing damage and grabs whatever is not supposed to be in your system (so if you're taking medication, it will grab that too). I keep six capsules in my purse at all times.

    ReplyDelete